Pages

Wednesday 27 August 2008

Kahlilla Blyss Donahoo

People will probably think I'm odd for writing a second post on this theme, but here it is and I'm drawing a line under this kind of thing from now on!
Some people may have read my previous post about a beautiful little girl called Samatha Hughes who died in April, aged 5, from a rare childhood cancer called Neuroblastoma. Less than 100 children are diagnosed with it in the UK in a year and the survival rate past 5 years is about 20% ,I think - awful!
Anyway you couldn't follow Samantha's story without also following the story of Kahlilla Blyss Donahoo, her "twin", a girl from Phillip Island, Victoria who shared the same birthday as Samantha and was diagnosed with the same horrible illness around the same time as her. I read with great sadness on Monday that she too had joined Samantha and become and Angel. It's heartbreaking to think about this but it does make me value my own 2 children all the more...especially when they're making a mess and fighting over the Magnetix toys!

No comments:

Post a Comment