Pages

Tuesday 2 June 2009

TeachMeetNE

tmnelogo_updateI was very please to learn that there is to be a TeachMeet Northeast later on this month. I've read about TeachMeets before, noteably the Midlands TeachMeet which took place recently and hoped that there would be one more locally that I could attend.

As far as I can tell they are informal get togethers of like-minded teachers from all curriculum areas. There will be 7 minute presentations, 2 minute nano presentations and learning conversations. In addition, "enthusiastic lurkers" are also welcome (of course).


The action will happen on Thursday 18th June from 7.00 pm - 9.30 pm in the Tyneside Bar at the Tyneside Cinema in Newcastle. If you want to attend you need to sign up on the TeachMeetNE Wiki. I have decided to take the plunge and give a nano presentation on "eTwinning in Practice". No idea what I'll talk about or how I'll get everything in in 2 minutes. I'd also like to add that I'm terrified but we all need to start somewhere!!!


I am, however, really looking forward to meeting many fellow Twitterers in real life!

No comments:

Post a Comment