Pages

Sunday 11 May 2008

Newsday 2008

I fear today might be like buses in blogging terms...you wait ages for one then three come along at once!
In January we took part in the Newsday...we being 10 G&T Yr10 French pupils and 10 G&T Yr10 German pupils. We produced 2 newspapers in a day and went them of to Brian Robinson. This week we received the results of the competition. For both papers we gained a "Highly Commended" which was an improvement on last year when we got "Highly Commended" for one and "Commended" for the other. What was particularly nice was that our French paper was commended for it's standard of French and the judges thought that our German paper's report of the Newsday Event was the "best in our section of the competition".
I was really pleased for the pupils involved, as they worked really hard together to get such high quality end resultss...despite the fact that there was "no news" on the day we chose to do our Newsday :o)
I will add copies of the papers to this pst when I'm at work, as unfortunately I don't have th files with me at home :o(

No comments:

Post a Comment