Pages

Monday 21 January 2008

Langwitch learns some Japanese!

Our Japanese Intern, Nariko (?), has arrived to work with us for the next 10 months. She came to work with my Year 8 class (and I though "oh dear" - bit lively they are). However, they were wonderful and so was Nariko. The class listened transfixed as she told them about Japan and Japanese culture. They all felt her Kimono as she walked around the classroom (...she did ask them to do this) and were able to answer questions that she asked them. The icing on the cake was finishing off with some origami...We all made a star...I was so proud of them (and myself). We can't wait to learn more in two weeks' time when she is with us again :o)
(Well, actually I'll repeat the lesson again tomorrow when she's with my Year 7 German class)

No comments:

Post a Comment