Pages

Wednesday 12 December 2007

A day of speaking

Today was my day for mock orals - oh joy :o)
25 Higher German orals this morning and 24 Foundation French ones this afternoon. To say I'd lost the will to live by the end of the day is an understatement.
I fail to understand why children do not believe teachers when they are told that they need to be prepared. However, having said that most of them did exactly how I expected them to do but I still came away feeling disappointed that my star didn't get an A* in that part of the exam. On the other hand I was chuffed to bits that a couple of others who are seen as "a bit lazy" had obvioulsy done their work and came out with great results and actually had a conversation (OMG)
My next challenge is to get those who I think could get upto A* to come to an after school club to help them achieve it. Of course, some will and some won't c'est la vie.
Still I feel more positive than in other years after them.

No comments:

Post a Comment