Pages

Thursday 24 April 2008

Alternative Eurovision Song Contest


Earlier this week, I was invited by Jess McCulloch to join the Alternative Eurovision Song Contest Ning Network. The idea - a fanatstic idea of Jo Rhys-Jones of Talkabout Primary MFL - being to attempt to do better than the real Eurovision Contestants in May. Each person has to choose a country to reperesent in the "alternative" contest (although I am assured that we don't have to sing in that country's language).
So, having nothing better to do with my time, having Dutch pupils in school on an eTwinning project, a trip to Cologne to plan and a podcasting competition to enter and that's not even counting the IWB challenge and Animoto Challenge, I decided that this would be the ideal opportunity to get the Yr 7 pupils involved in. I'm going to work with our G&T Yr 7s and we're going to represent the Netherlands (surprise, surprise). I'm actually going to get a teacher who actually is Dutch and works at our school to help us to learn a song in Dutch. I'm hoping that this will also provoke interest in Dutch, ready for recruitment to the Project with Zeldenrust Steelantcollege next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment