Pages

Sunday 6 April 2008

Chez le docteur comic strip

Since I discovered Comic Life about a year ago, I've been dying to use it with a class. Well, Year 8 doing about illnesses and remedies seemed like the ideal opportunity to me, so I began preparations...
I got our technician to put Comic Life for Windows onto half of the computers in our Language Lab, using the 30 day free trail that's available and we were off. I spend a lesson with my class taking photos of them in various poses to represent their illnesses...including a particularly nasty accident involving a boy with a severed head that needed repair with staples, glue and sellotape! We then headed of to the Language Lab. Each pair did 2 comic strips, one with their own pictures so that I can put them on my wall in my classroom and the other, using the cuddly toy pictures that I had taken that I can put onto Je blogue, tu blogues...let's blog, thus avoiding the photos of "children on the internet" problems.
I must say that I'm delighted with the end result and they look very professional too! The cuddly toy comic strips can be seen either here (on Je blogues, tu blogues...let's blog) or here (on Langwitch). I will definitely working on my Head of Area to get him to buy a site licence for Comic Life to use more frequently:0)
Added bonus - no kids trying to play games/listen to music as they were so engrossed in their comic strips, so although it took some preparation, it avoided hassle in the actual lesson!

No comments:

Post a Comment