Pages

Thursday 17 April 2008

Samantha Hughes

I first came across Samantha Hughes whilst I was recovering from Meningitis about two and a half years ago, through an article in my mum's newspaper(she had to come and look after the children until I was well enough to do so). She was a little girl (aged 2 at the time I think) from Derbyshire suffering from a rare childhood cancer called Neuroblastoma. I found her website and, curiously it was from there that I found the first ever blog I read regularly Support for Christi Thomas written by the inspirational Angela Thomas (Christi's mum). Since then I have been a regular reader, so it was with enormous sadness that I read today that she had died, aged 5 after a recent relapse. I can't believe how upset I am and just count myself very lucky that I have 2 gorgeous, healthy children.

No comments:

Post a Comment