Pages

Sunday 20 April 2008

The Dutch have arrived!

My biggest nightmare of the past 9 months has been our Dutch eTwinning project. Maybe it's because I don't speak Dutch, or maybe it's because I'm not a History teacher but I've really struggled to get a handle on this. However, after the nightmares of having to increase numbers from 15 to 20 hosts and telling parents arrival and departure dates had changed they arrived this evening without a hitch! All day I had images of being left with 2 Dutch children too many, or them having decided not to bother due to our disorganisation and us all standing at school waiting for people who weren't going to arrive. The only fly in the ointment now is the Head of History is ill and will probably not be able to go to Beamish tomorrow - I think we have a backup now! My only role now is to get us all bowling tomorrow evening and arrange a "social event" on Tuesday.
I must admit, I'll be relieved on Wednesday evening!
I'll be blogging with the kids on Our Victorian Adventure all week.

No comments:

Post a Comment